Sunday, February 19, 2017

Out of this world! (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

Hi there!

Out of this world! (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

Welcome back to another day of Lawn Fawn's February inspiration week! We're showing off Out of This World, the cutest little astronaut set!

For my card, I started out with a piece of navy blue cardstock (Lawn Fawn's Blue Jay cardstock) and layered dark blue and black inks over it to create a deep, dark sky. Starting with a colored cardstock is so much quicker than layering colors onto a white paper. I flicked some white paint on top, and die-cut a slew of stars (using the Starry Skies die) to complete the background look.

Out of this world! (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

Then, it was just a matter of coloring and layering all of the images - my favorite part!  As I was putting the pieces onto the dark background, I thought the white border around the images was too stark. In the close-up picture, you can see that I sponged a touch of black ink around the edges.

If you'd like to see more of this card, hop over to the LF blog this morning - Kelly Marie re-created this card in her video!

♥.

6 comments:

  1. So cute. Great hint to sponge the edges to soften the look

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, love the sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my favorite card on the Lawn Fawn Blogspot today. I love the bright colors on the dark blue background and how the white strip at the bottom sets it off.

    ReplyDelete