Monday, February 9, 2015

New home dreaming: bedrooms

In case you missed it, we're moving in the spring!

We'll be removing wallpaper and updating flooring, but I'll have to be creative with our budget to get the look I want in all of the rooms.

For today, let's talk master bedroom.

We've had the same Ikea bed for almost 15 (it was mine when I moved out before we got married.)


If you look at the footboard, you could see where the dog chewed - erm, actually the kids - had their way with it.

Our bedroom has never gotten a makeover, in the 10 years we've been living in this home. It's so basic and boring.

Most of all, I just want a grown-up bed.

After browsing some furniture stores and seeing the beds I want with price tags over a thousand, I switched gears and bought a sleigh bed secondhand, for 150$.

The look of a painted sleigh bed is so beautiful:

In white,

source

or putty-colored,

source
or even in grey,

source

What do you think?  

We're leaning towards either of the non-white options, because I have in mind to paint out my existing night-tables white.

We are also planning on moving this rug, from our basement up to our bedroom:




It is the gray scroll tile rug from Pottery Barn. The scroll detail lines are a very creamy ivory, almost beige color. I'm dreaming of a bed in a linen color that ties into the rug, and then all white bedding and white bedside tables.

Can you picture it?

For now, it looks like this:





How embarrassing. For how uncluttered the rest of my house is, my friends are always surprised to see the garage. We hide our messy behind garage doors. haha.

We made room for the new bed frame, around the hubby's weight bench, and are filling in nicks and scratches to ready it for painting.

I can't wait to show you the finished bed!

♥.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the grey rug. It will be fabulous when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be beautiful, once done! I've been revamping up old things as well. The cost alone, steers me to go in that direction. ;) My personal opinion is to paint it white or slightly off to go with the rug. But then, (if you're into it) I would say even a white wash/shabby chic/distressed finish would be nice, as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! love the colour scheme, look forward to seeing the finished result, all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I love all 3 color options.. that's a tough choice to choose between the 3, but aside from white, I really like the putty-colored option! I can't wait to see your finished bedroom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fantastically beautiful. I can just picture it! I love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice of inspirations, Elena! If you're leaning towards the non-white options, I think the grey color scheme will match nicely with your rug. Plus, the white bedside tables will pop dramatically alongside the grey bed. Anyway, keep us posted with the updates. All the best!

    Benny Daniel @ Finlay Brewer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the bed would look amazing in grey.

    ReplyDelete