Wednesday, June 12, 2013

i sent your gift by turtle {lawn fawn inspiration week}

Welcome back to another day of lawn fawn's inspiration week!  A bitty set can still pack a huge punch - today we're showcasing "year two," a belated birthday set since lawn fawn released it a year late.  I love that.

i sent your gift by turtle...


If you send a gift by turtle, it's bound to arrive late...

I stamped the turtle, his birthday hat, and the gift onto a piece of white cardstock and then cut them out as one unit.  If you're like me and pretty bad at fussy-cutting, here's a tip (works for me, so it might work for you): I grab a pencil and lightly draw an outline around the image.  I can fix it so it looks right before grabbing my scissors and cutting on the line.  For some reason, cutting on a line is much easier than eyeballing an imaginary border...  just don't forget to erase the line when you're done!

i sent your gift by turtle...

I hand-drew a little arrow pointing down to the word "belated."  Nothing too complicated...

i sent your gift by turtle...

At least the belated present is glittery.  That should make it all better *wink*

I hope you like what I've created today!  Check out the lawn fawn blog for more inspiration!

12 comments:

  1. OH my goodness, Elena! This is so freaken' cute! I always love the things you do with the critters :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card!! The soft background on the circle die is gorgeous! And that little turtle delivery man is too sweet!! Just a perfect card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable once again! The button sun is the magic touch for me, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! I love the glittery present tied on with twine and the sweet yellow button. You are a master with these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the scene, message, all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable little turtle image and love the card you created to showcase him. This is sure to bring smiles and even if late, make for a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is awesome!! such a cute scene with the *perfect* sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elena! This is amazing! I love all the layers...what a sweet card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling card and I love that embossed panel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I love the twine around the turtle and gift, and all the texture, it's adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this card...it's such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete