Tuesday, March 26, 2013

l'amour, c'est merveilleux.

There's an old french song that goes "puisque je t'aime et que tu m'aimes, c'est merveilleux."  In other words, love is a beautiful thing :)

amour

I've been waiting for a "lull" in my blogging schedule, to be able to share this card with you!  We crafted it at the last class I taught, nearly a month ago.  I was asked to create a pretty wedding card, and with equal parts softness and bling, I would proudly present this to any newlywed couple.  

amour

I used my silhouette to cut out the word "amour," and then stamped and heat embossed my mini blooms.  Once silver-heat-set, I swirled around some blue distress ink, adding a delicate blue haze.  And then I started layering and texturizing.  I love adding extra layers and big ribbon to wedding cards.  Makes it look more "impressive," no?  I mean, we stampers appreciate the clean and "clever" cards, but for some reason, ribbon and die-cutting and embossing - that's what usually gets the wow with the non-crafters.  In my experience, anyways *wink*

amour

I'm linking this card up to the moxie fab challenge, "emphasize the negative."  There's still a few more days to play along!

And here's a little love to start your day:

8 comments:

  1. Ah, cette design est très belle et jolie! J'aime beaucoup les couleurs, les fleurs et l'éclat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! LOVING all the metallic and I love that little heart peeking up in the O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! So luxurious in a subtle way. I get what you mean about the elements that impress, but your cards always surprise and delight me no matter what techniques you happen to choose. Your carefully thought out design choices are what impresses me most:) That was deep, lol! What I meant to say is that you do beautiful work!!

    Klaxonné;)

    P.S. I know no French at all. Just asked a coworker to translate a word;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. J'aime impressed, a lot of Beauty here. And I totally agree, your card would sell before mine in a boutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you nut. most of my cards don't have these layers! and, at least you get called "clever" - it's a toss-up ;)

      Delete
  5. This is beautiful Elena! It's another one of those cards that makes me ask myself "why didn't I think of that?". So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love the silver embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Elena! Thanks for linking this up to the Emphasize the Negative Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete