Monday, September 17, 2012

lawnscaping: the texty challenge.

Good Monday morning!

This week was non-stop, and not sleepy enough, but what do you know?  Monday came anyways ;)

And with that, a new lawnscaping challenge!  This one: to incorporate text into your project.


 I went a little overboard with the textiness, hee hee.  I grabbed a sheet of PTI "dearest jane" patterned paper, and stamped images from lawn fawn's "sunny skies," "a birdie told me," and "gnome sweet gnome" over-top.  I colored the images in with copics and outlined each one with a light grey marker, to give some definition to the images without losing the translucent effect of having stamped them onto the text paper.

The speech bubble was stamped again onto white cardstock (with a hero arts sentiment inside, from "my happy") and then cut out and propped up on foam squares.

The focal panel was sewn onto a piece of kraft cardstock and both layers were adhered to a white card-base.

I hope you play along - there's a lawn fawn prize up for grabs:




Have a great monday, all!

6 comments:

  1. Love how the clouds look like they're paper pierced at first glance, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena, this card is pure genius -- and sooo you! Love it all; just brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So super cute. I love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, this is so cute. Love the softness of this card. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, as always!! You are one of my Liebster award recipients - http://jeanmanis.com/2012/09/the-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete