Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It's fall, y'all!

I don't know how the weather is where you are, but when I walk my older 2 kids to their bus-stop, they are wearing fall jackets, and light mittens... Thomas asked for his scarf yesterday...

You know what that means?  It's fall, y'all!

I already made an apple pie, have already ordered a pumpkin spice latte from starbucks, and am now ready to share my simple fall decor:


you may remember this leafy-garland from last year, where it was strung up amid white-washed pumpkins... but this year, 


even though I have a white-washed pumpkin (the fake kind, that can't get moldy on me...)


 I've decided to take an earthier approach to our fall decor...



I love my comically-large acorn... the deer was hand-sewn for Maia's first birthday party, but I thought it worked perfectly here....


the deer is sitting on some cedar planks that I found on liquidation at the grocery store...



nothing says cozy like a fall-colored ball of yarn...


the view from a-top... I thought it was pretty cool!

Hope you liked this edition of my lovely little nest...  thanks for coming by.

5 comments:

  1. I have a couple of the same ceramic pumpkins! I love that big white one, too... Gorgeous. I love the look you achieved with all your accessories, and the scrabble tiles are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena, I love your fall decor!!! When can I move in? Thanks for sharing your beautiful home with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fall decor, Elena! I love the earthy feel! I've gotten as far as changing the decor outside my front door.... and that's it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely stunning and cozy! I adore your style.

    ReplyDelete