Tuesday, May 10, 2011

i chair-ish you.


I love that armchair.  Like, really love it.  I don't know why I don't break out this set more often.  I saw this card yesterday and was totally inspired.  I stamped a sheet of white paper with "text-style II" and then stamped the chair outline on top.  Adding another layer, I stamped the circles pattern in SU's cherry cobbler ink.  A few swipes with a copic marker added some definition and then I used my colorless blender to spread the color around.  The SU ink bled (on purpose - ha!) and covered the whole armchair.


The little cushion got the same treatment.  Doesn't this look like the most comfy armchair ever?  I want to curl up in it!  I stamped the kitchy little sentiment in memento black ink, and the rows of text style II underneath in antique linen distress ink.  I ragged-up the edges of the white mat - to underline the comfiness of the worn-in couch.  Sooo, to say it plainly:  your friendship is so cozy, and makes me feel as comfortable and warm as sitting in the cushiest of chairs.  Cheesy?  you bet.  But sweet too, non?


7 comments:

  1. That armchair is seriously gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the pillow that sold me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with the chair and the text beneath it just adds to the whole design ;) Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my kinda card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple, yet stunning! I love the text on the pillow and the border. Really cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's absolutely adorable...
    and I totally agree that it looks so incredibly comfy...
    I want to curl up too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh! LOVE this card! I love all of the layers you put in to the chair, the text, the circles etc. THis card is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete