Friday, April 15, 2011

modern basics gift set.



I broke up with my camera yesterday.  We are not on speaking terms over how today's cards were photographed...

I used a cute set called "modern basics" - it contains all sorts of building blocks that allow for so much creative play!  And play I did. I had so much fun that I couldn't stop at 1 card - I stamped 4  :)


Now, as I was saying about my camera (I had to take a short break in there and talk about the stamps so I wouldn't start getting stressed again), it - not me, natch - made it look like my card colors are grey and orange.  I would like to state, for the record, that although grey and orange is a delightful combination, I actually went with yellow and grey.  And because I love that combo so much, I'm doubly annoyed that it wouldn't photograph well.  Sigh.  C'est la vie, non?



I built the cards using 2 sets, 2 colors, and 2 papers:


  • modern basics + simple sentiments (both PTI)
  • going grey + daffodil delight inks (both SU)
  • guidelines (PTI) + going grey cardstocks (SU)


It was very refreshing to sit down with more limited supplies and see what I could come up with!



And with that, let me add: TGIF, baby!  Have a great weekend, everyone!

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to get yourself a light box to get close-up shots of your beautiful cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amar promised to build me one soon! after "birthday season at casa muni" is all done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome use of this set...great color choices and design!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards, Elena. Certainly looks like you had a fun playtime! I'm especially loving the first one with the butterfly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all great! I love the colors you used. Isn't this so much fun?

    ReplyDelete
  7. All cards are simply beautiful. I really like the way you used Maile's set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. and *this* is why I *need* this set... sigh... :)

    great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome set of cards!!! I just love how you used the same colors but really got use out of the whole set. Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are absolutely gorgeous! I love your grey & yellow colour combo. Grey is the best neutral, and it looks so good with bright colours. :)

    These four cards are amazing.
    I hope you are having a fabulous weekend, and that you make up with your camera soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete