Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Love birds, that's us!

Happy 8th anniversary to my main man!  I woke up this morning to a beautiful bouquet of white roses, and this:


I asked him to make me a card for valentine's day, but apparently he threw away his creation  because it looked "worse than something Thomas would have made."  But he tried again!  What a sweetheart.  He told me this took him an hour - I think his exact words were: "you have too many stamps - there are too many choices" - ha!  I totally appreciate his time and efforts - that's romance, people....

And then, I was greeted with this on our white-board:


Apparently, I don't have to cook at all today.  Now that's a great gift for a stay-at-home-mom!  He made hash-browns and eggs for breakfast, along with my coffee and a fruit platter.  The kids and I were thrilled :)

His lunch menu had me totally cracking up - it's a microwaveable frozen dinner title.  

I'm hoping I get more for supper than just a chicken marinade (the actual marinated chicken would be nice) and I'm a little nervous about his salad dressing (because there is nothing marked pomegranate or acai berry in my fridge right now) but how cute.  This is just the beginning, he says.

When the hubs woke up, this is what he found from me - I formatted 8 pics of the two of us from the last 8 years to look like polaroids so I could add a little note to the bottom of each one.  Nothing too fancy, but you can't use bows and glitter on man-cards, right?  Keep it simple, add some hardware, and they're happy.  


4 comments:

  1. Opposites attract: my wife is a creative and ingenious creature, who's imagination and sense of wonder never ceases. I create cards that are on par with a 4 year old. :)

    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Elena & Amar ~ What a cute post ~ Love it! You are are too too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! You guys are so cute! Happy Anniversary...marriage is the best and 8 years is something to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary, guys! And ELENA. O_O The polaroids. O_O I want to be you when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete